Friday, September 26, 2008

Basket of NAY: Mimi's Pin Cube Kit

I had a ball last night at the Cooking School. Here is a picture of the goodie bag handed out & some of the contents:There was an article & pictures in the newspaper. LINK HERE. Was great fun to chat with Mel(ody), Debbie L, Sandy & her Mom, Pat. The prizes were out of this world, dining room set - refrigerator - 2 ovens - microwave - cookbooks - grocery store certificates - sacks of food - oven mits - wine gift bag - ziplock gift bag -- and more that I cannot even remember : ) If you get the chance, go. Whatever you pay for the ticket, you will for sure get enough coupons to cover it!!!

This a.m., I had planned on stitching a sampler; however, pulled out some mindless 4-sided stitching. It will eventually be a Pin Cube. Think it is about time I got around to stitching this one?
Mimi's Pin Cube Kit
c.2003 by Pamela D. Reed, Olde Colonial Designs

I managed to get the linen cut into 6 pieces and about 1/2 of the 4-sided stitches done. Of course, had to run errands -- blek. And, need groceries. I didn't have the energy to create the list!

7 comments:

Kathy A. said...

My goodness, that was quite the goodie bag you got there. I'll bet any class from Taste of Home would be good.
I like your new start! Whereever did you get those cute bunnie floss holders in the background. I have never seen anything like that before and they are just too cool

Cathy B said...

What fun - I'm not much of a cook, but I used to subscribe to the Taste of Home magazine. The recipes always looked easy to prepare.

Another project from the NAY basket! That one shouldn't take too long to finish - yes?

Judy S. said...

I love your NAY designation, Leila! Your cooking school sounded like fun; I've subscribed to TOH for a long time and somehow missed the fact that they also taught cooking.

Karan said...

Nice goodie bag & sounds like you had fun.
Another lovely new WIP. Might have to copy the NAY basket - sure does seem to be a good motivator. :0)

Shelleen said...

They have the cooking schools here at local high schools about twice a year and sent a check last year but it was already booked up. I didn't realize that you leave with all kinds of things. Glad that you had a great time.

stitcherw said...

The cooking school sounds like a lot of fun, and a good deal with all those goodies. Your Pin Cube will be lovely, and your ruler case and fob look fantastic too. You're going to have some lovely finishes shortly. Sorry to hear Hunny Bunny gave you such a scare, I'm so glad that she got back home safely.
Sue

Annemarie said...

Oh my, that pin cube look sintriguing :o) As does your goodie bag from the cooking school!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin