Saturday, November 08, 2008

crazy quilting

I had mentioned the crazy quilt kit I got from the Quilt Show:in this post , and am just getting around to taking some pictures of the fabulous ribbons & kit, including the silkie or ciggie image on cloth. I picked the bride & groom as DH+I celebrated our 25th anniversary Oct 1st. I thought the ribbons so beautiful, I've pinned them to the wall!! Don't forget to swing by Pat Winter's blog, blog link here, for beautiful photographs & a showcase of her artistic talent. I bought her book, link here, and have enjoyed every page. I've gone thru it several times. Not sure I'll ever be as good at this as she is, but then again, there is always her Etsy store for finished projects, and more supplies.

I browsed my closet & did unearth a couple books on ribbon embroidery, crazy quilting stitches, and seam decorating. In addition to that, I pulled out a past Indiana State Day project where blocks were passed out & stitchers encouraged to embellish. I didn't get very far!! Now that I have some inspiration & a sack of lace from GF Sue, I think I'll have to give this a try.

3 comments:

Karol said...

Those ribbions sure look yummy! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Susan said...

These things will make a beautiful block! Well, not by themselves, but with your help. =) I love CQ!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Lelia, I am so happy you are enjoying your new stash. I love how you displayed the ribbons. Don't you love the little fairy tags from Lisa's?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin